Soooooo good! Who says you can’t enjoy tasty sweet treats like cakes and muffins when staying on track to health goals?
Packed with protein, fibre and nutrients – These easy-peasy muffins can be baked and stored for quick grab-and-go snacks or for healthy breakfasts served with low fat greek yogurt and berries.
Lean Protein: Protein powder
Low fat carbs: Dates, Bananas, flour, oats
Healthy fats: egg or flaxseed
Nutrients: Dates, Bananas, cocoa powder
Set oven to: 170°C non-fan, 160°C fan
Preparation: Fill a muffin tray with cases, get your blender out, grab a big wooden spoon and mixing bowl.
Perfect Plate Set Up:
All ingredients (apart from possibly the protein powders which you may need to source online) are available from most major supermarkets.
- 75g chopped dates
- 55g Rolled Oats
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg OR 10g milled flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 100g white self-raising flour
- 75g pumpkin Protein powder or soya protein powder (sub with whey if non-vegan)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml water (may need more if doesn’t have cake batter consistency!! Depends on protein powder used)
Soak the dates in a little boiling water for 5 mins then blend to create a paste
Mix all dry ingredients together
Blend all wet ingredients in a smoothie blender or food processor
MIX IT ALL TOGETHER!!
Distribute evenly between muffin cases and bake for 30 mins