This simple, easy, versatile traybake can be created anytime and eaten warm or cooled and stored in a refrigerator/frozen in portions for later.
Sweet-tooth satisfying, no added sugar, filling, nutritious and great for physical recovery.
Perfect Plate Set Up
Lean Protein: Egg whites, soy protein powder
Low fat carbs: Figs, flour, oats
Nutrients: Oats, Figs, any additional nuts/seeds/dried fruit you want to throw in!
Healthy fats: Coconut flour
Makes 1 large sized traybake and can be cut into as large/small portions as desired.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups flour or 1 cup soy protein powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 300ml egg whites
- liquid stevia for sweetening
- 200g chopped figs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 600ml boiling water
- Preheat Oven to 180deg C.
- Chop the figs and add to the 600ml boiling water and leave to soften for 5-10 mins
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add liquid stevia (to desired sweetness) to the egg whites and mix together with a spoon.
- Blend the figs and boiling water in a smoothie blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add the fig mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg whites and stevia to the (now wet) mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the whole traybake mix to a tray lined with non-stick parchment paper (rub with a little butter/oil to ensure no sticking at all) and then pop into a preheated oven at 180deg C for 30 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
- Remove, set aside to cool, then chop into flapjacks!
- You can also add any mixture of chocolate chips, seeds and nuts to the dry mix before adding the wet ingredients to mix things up and add extra taste and goodness…..